Are you an ambitious northerner with a new entrepreneurial idea and the drive to develop your own business? The NOHFC is proud to support northern entrepreneurs, with up to $125,000 funding per project.
Who is Eligible?
- Residents of Northern Ontario who plan to start their own for-profit business in the North.
- The new venture cannot be an expansion of a similar business owned by the entrepreneur and/or relatives.
- The proposed new business must operate full-time and result in job creation in Northern Ontario
What is Eligible?
- Costs that may qualify for funding include but are not limited to leasehold improvements and capital costs related to starting a new business such as office furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Marketing costs totalling up to 20 per cent of eligible project costs.
Funding and Guidelines
- The NOHFC may provide a conditional grant generally up to 50 per cent of eligible costs and not to exceed $125,000 per project.
- The entrepreneur must make a cash investment in the business of no less than 10 per cent of the NOHFC’s conditional grant.
- NOHFC funding, when combined with other provincial and/or federal government funding will generally not exceed 75 per cent of eligible costs.
Please download the Program Brochure below for complete details including eligibility, funding and guidelines.
How to Apply
Send completed application forms to:
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
70 Foster Drive, Suite 200
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
For More Information call our toll free line 1-800-461-8329.